Dear Parents of AS & A2 Levels,
We are delighted to introduce a film club named Garden High Film Club (GHFC) with a vision to expose its young members to a variety of cinema from across the world. The objective of the club is to aid the young minds to arrive at an understanding of cinema – from its history to the more contemporary trends.
Every screening will be associated with an introduction to the film and a discussion session post the film show. These discussions, debates and exchanges of ideas on cinema will enable students to learn about themselves and the world around them. The engaging process hopes to embrace other art forms as well, which would help the students discover and develop the diverse latent talents that have so far remained trapped within them.
Please note the following:
- Joining the GHFC is optional.
- Screenings and discussions will be held in School on certain Fridays from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. As of now, the dates for July to September 2016 have been decided as 15th July 2016, 19th August 2016 and 23rd September 2016.
- The subsequent screening and discussion dates of the Film Club will be communicated at a later date.
- Parents will have to arrange for transport on the way back.
- Pupils who are interested in joining the club are required to register their names with Mrs. N. Mukherjee.
We look forward to your co-operation and motivation, as always.
Dr. Anuradha Das
Garden High International School